Covergirl Bombshell Mascara Review

I am always on the hunt for new mascaras that will give volume and length to my short, straight, and sparse asian lashes... Unfortunately I've only come across a few holy grail mascaras that will actually transform my lashes as if I were wearing false lashes

I've been seeing a lot of youtubers review covergirl's new bombshell mascara- and every review I've seen has been positive so far! So I decided to walk into my local Walgreens to pick the mascara up.


This mascara is supposed to promise mega volume and dark intensity for an over the top bombshell look... As you can see this tube of mascara is a pretty large tube with two different mascara wands at the ends of the tube. Unfortunately this mascara does not come in waterproof form (I generally tend to stay away from mascaras that aren't waterproof because those mascaras don't hold a curl, even after using my lash curler).

 

On the left, you can see I am holding up the wand that is from the number 1 tube. The number 1 tube is supposed to be loaded onto your lashes first to give "big volume." The wand that is from the number 1 tube is very large and fat in size; the bristles are also very short and are made of plastic. On the right side you can see that I am holding up the wand from tube number 2; this wand is supposed to seal in the mascara from tube 1 and to intensify the color of the mascara for an all day finish. As you can see the wand from tube two looks more like a normal mascara wand- the bristles are longer and the wand is a lot thinner.

One thing I don't like about this mascara is that the wand from tube 1 is way too large for my asian eyes. I feel like it gets very messy when I try to apply the mascara- especially when I want to try to get the lashes in the corner of my eyes.


As you can see, the photo on the left are my eyelashes without any mascara (I know my eyelashes are basically non-existent... sigh); the photo on the right are my eyelashes with two coats of the bombshell mascara.

The mascara definitely makes a big difference on my lashes, but I felt like the mascara only provided volume and no length. The mascara was also EXTREMELY clumpy- you can tell that my eyelashes are all clumped together (yikes... spider lashes!). The mascara also didn't hold a curl very well; that could've been due to the fact that this mascara was not in a waterproof formula (although I don't believe this mascara is offered in a waterproof formula... I didn't see it in the display).

I personally prefer a mascara that is waterproof with lengthening properties. Unfortunately this mascara did not do it for my lashes :(

One other thing that I would like to mention is that this mascara gives really bad raccoon eyes (or panda eyes!)- after wearing it throughout an 8-hour work day, the mascara created black streaks along the bottoms of my eyes. Also when taking off the mascara, you'd think that it'd be easy to take off seeing as it is waterproof- NO that is not the case! I always use an oil-based eye makeup remover to remove everything off my eyes; when I come out of the shower, remnants of the mascara was still staining the bottoms of my eyes. It was so difficult to get off...

Overall I would not recommend this mascara to those who have short, straight, and sparse lashes like myself. My holy-grail mascara is still L'Oreal's Waterproof Telescopic Mascara- it is the best lengthening, curl-holding, and volumizing mascara! Whenever I wear this mascara, it creates an almost "false-lash" effect and I always get asked what mascara I'm wearing.

I hope you found this review helpful! I recently went to Sephora and went a little bit crazy because so many new products came out in February... I had to try them all! There will be more reviews coming up soon :)

xx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

My name is Denise Lee and I am 23 years old. I am from Boston, U.S and have a passion for fashion and beauty