Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Review

Hey guys!

I'm back for another review :)

Today I will be reviewing Maybelline's Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser


I picked this up at my local Walgreens for about $6- you can also pick it up at any other drugstore; I've provided links to purchase this below:

CVS
Ulta

I had gone into my local Walgreens because I felt like perusing the makeup isles for new products and I came across this primer. What attracted me was the cute packaging (who isn't a sucker for cute packaging?!).

This primer promises to:
  • Instantly blur the look of pores, without clogging them
  • Transparent gel formula, smooth on clear
  • Smooth and refine skin's appearance
and it is non-comedogenic, fragrance-free, and has "blur technology"

Maybelline recommends you to smooth on a thin layer under foundation for smooth-looking finish or to use alone for flawless-looking skin. The texture of this product has a very silicone feel to it- almost like the smashbox primer or loreal's miracle blur primer. If you do not like silicone-based primers then you will not like this product. When you first apply the product, it can feel really slick or greasy- almost oily I suppose. The more you rub it in, the less greasy it starts to feel; it will feel more smooth and velvety after really rubbing it in. But who really wants to spend a lot of time rubbing this stuff on your face?


I've been trying this product for about two weeks now; I've used it alone (without any foundation) and I did not find that this product gave me flawless-looking skin like it promised. I understand that this product is only supposed to erase my pores but I felt like you could still see the pores on my face (especially around my nose area and the center of my face where I get the oiliest).


The picture to the left is without the pore eraser and the picture to the right is after smoothing it in. As you can see there is a lot of redness from rubbing the product in but I didn't really notice a big difference in "pore erasing;" I still felt like my pores were fairly large/visible after application.

So I decided to use this under my foundation. I tried it under my NARS sheer glow foundation (which is not a mattifying/long-lasting foundation) as well as under my Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation (which is a long-lasting and mattifying foundation) just to see how it wears with both. I have really oily skin and large pores, especially in my t-zone area. When I first applied this primer, I used WAY too much- I used a lot and basically rubbed it all over my face thinking it was going to act like the Smashbox primer... BIG NO NO. When I applied too much all over my face, I had used my foundation brush to apply the NARS foundation- my foundation went on super patchy/streaky and basically did not stay on my face at all... the texture of the primer made my face super oily and made the foundation slick off my face when I'd apply it with my brush. I soon realized that I only needed about a pea-sized amount and rubbed it into the areas where my pores were fairly noticeable (nose, forehead, and chin area). I switched to my beauty blender when applying my foundation with the pore eraser because I found that it did not leave my foundation streaky/patchy.

With the NARS foundation I felt that the primer did a great job at blurring my pores. Unfortunately after about two hours of wearing my foundation, my face became an oily mess (especially on my nose and the patches beside my nose). I had to blot my face a lot quicker than usual.


Above is a picture with the pore eraser under my NARS sheer glow foundation- as you can see by adding a foundation on top of the pore eraser, it really helps to accentuate the "blur technology" and really diminishes the appearance of my pores.

With the Covergirl foundation the primer blurred my pores (as it promised) and my face became oily after a couple hours (a lot sooner than usual). I had to blot my face a couple times throughout the work day and I really noticed that my nose was more oily than usual. 

Verdict: I would say that this is definitely NOT a primer, but a pore eraser (as advertised). I wouldn't recommend this product for those with really oily skin like me. I felt like it didn't work well under my foundations because it made my skin greasy within a short amount of time and I really hate having to blot so many times throughout the day. I also felt that it didn't really "erase" my pores when worn alone; but it did do a good job at erasing my pores once I put foundation over it. I wouldn't go out of my way to re-purchase this product. I'll probably use this product just because I spent money on it...

I hope you liked the review and please comment below on other products you want me to review!!

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

My name is Denise Lee and I am 23 years old. I am from Boston, U.S and have a passion for fashion and beauty